[google9e69c0a38572f0b4.html]
Brunstead, Saint Peter, NR12-9EZ
Brumstead, Saint Peter Church, NR12-9EZ.



Brumstead, Saint Peter, Brumstead or Brnmestada meaning Broom-covered place. Old English bron (broom) + stede (place) west tower, south porch, the church is completely thatched. 14th century doorway with engaged shaft, 15th century tower with small traceried sound holes, a simple 14th century font with traceried bowl and shaft, modern roofs and benches, and three sided modern altar rails. Near Stalham, square west tower, 1 bell, nave, chancel and south porch. The roofs are thatched, the church is in the late Decorated style. There are some mural tablets in the chancel to the Durrent and Comyn families, and quite a number of stones have been stripped of their brasses. The nave of St Peter's is early 14th century in date whilst the west tower dates to the 15th century. The chancel was demolished some time before 1823 and 19th century graves have been dug into the chancel site. The nave roof was thatched in 1834 and there have been several other 18th and 19th century alterations. There seems a difference of opinion as to the spelling of this village, previously known as Brumstead, it now seems to be going under the guise of Brunstead, the name adopted by new locals.

Brumstead, Saint Peter, NR12-9EZ
Brunstead, Saint Peter, NR12-9EZ
Brunstead, Saint Peter, NR12-9EZ
Brunstead, Saint Peter, NR12-9EZ
Brunstead, Saint Peter, NR12-9EZ
Brunstead, Saint Peter, NR12-9EZ
Brunstead, Saint Peter, NR12-9EZ
Brunstead, Saint Peter, NR12-9EZ
Brunstead, Saint Peter, NR12-9EZ
Brunstead, Saint Peter, NR12-9EZ