[google9e69c0a38572f0b4.html]
Ditchingham Saint Marys Church
Ditchingham Saint Marys Church NR35 2JS


Ditchingham Saint Marys Church near Bungay, square west tower, a clock, and 6 bells, nave with north aisle, chancel and north and south porches, one of which is used as a vestry. The chancel is Decorated, but the rest of the church Perpendicular. The aisle was added in 1872. Part of the old rood screen remains. There are brasses to Philip Bosard, 1490, and Roger Bosard, 1505. The font is of interest. Mural paintings were discovered on the north wall in 1848. Ditchingham Saint Marys Church, west tower, south porch, nave, north aisle and chancel. Good tower, with fine stone base-course carved with the Sacred Heart, traceried sound holes, and good west window and door, with on either side stooled and canopied niches holding their original figures. 15th century traceried south door which unfortunately has lost its crocketted overlays. Simple 15th octagonal font with traceried bowl and shaft with engaged columns standing on one step. Very much restored 16th century screen, Stuart table, modern roof and benches, and amongst other brasses a nice one to Philip Bosard and his wife 1490. The organ is built of constructed by Norman & Beard Ltd of London.

Ditchingham Saint Marys Church NR35 2JS.
Ditchingham Saint Marys Church
Ditchingham Saint Marys Church
Ditchingham Saint Marys Church
Ditchingham Saint Marys Church
Ditchingham Saint Marys Church
Ditchingham Saint Marys Church
Ditchingham Saint Marys Church
Ditchingham Saint Marys Church
Ditchingham Saint Marys Church
Ditchingham Saint Marys Church
Ditchingham Saint Marys Church
Ditchingham Saint Marys Church
Ditchingham Saint Marys Church
Ditchingham Saint Marys Church
Ditchingham Saint Marys Church
Ditchingham Saint Marys Church
Ditchingham Saint Marys Church
Ditchingham Saint Marys Church
Ditchingham Saint Marys Church
Ditchingham Saint Marys Church
Ditchingham Saint Marys Church