[google9e69c0a38572f0b4.html]
East Ruston St Marys Church NR12 9HN


East Ruston St Marys Church, west tower, south porch, nave, south aisle and chancel. The arcades are 14th century and there is a small pointed door entering the tower from the nave, which preserves its ancient woodwork. Nice 15th century octagonal font with curious heads at the base and a nicely carved bowl. The painted base of the 15th century screen remains, with good painted panels, on the north, the four Evangelists (In Christian tradition, the Four Evangelists are Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John, the authors attributed with the creation of the four Gospel accounts in the New Testament that bear the following titles: Gospel according to Matthew; Gospel according to Mark; Gospel according to Luke and Gospel according to John.) and on the south the Latin Doctors. (In the Latin Church, the four Latin Doctors "had already long been recognized" in the liturgy when the four Great Doctors of the Eastern Church, John Chrysostom, Basil the Great, Gregory of Nazianzus, and Athanasius of Alexandria were recognized in 1568 by Pope St. Pius V.) East Ruston St Marys Church, near Stalham, square west ower, 1 bell, nave with south aisle but no clerestory, chancel and south porch. the style is mainly Perpendicular. The base of rood screen has some original paintings of the four Evangelists and other saints. the carved octagonal font is very good.

East Ruston St Marys Church NR12 9HN