[google9e69c0a38572f0b4.html]
Garboldisham All Saints Church Ruin.
Garboldisham All Saints Church Ruin.


Garboldisham All Saints Church Ruin. One manor that was previously referred to as Gerbodesham, the way the modern spelling sounds to locals. All Saints is now a ruin, just a few hundred yards from the other church of Saint John's Church. (in ecclesiastical law) the right to recommend a member of the Anglican clergy for a vacant benefice, or to make such an appointment. In this case of All Saints Church it belonged to this Manor and in 1280, that of Saint John's was added after being purchased by Fersfield's Knight. Sir Robert du Bois. (The rector chosen) In 1450 on the death of John Taylifer the rector of the time, petitioned for consolidation of the two churches. The clergy was so thin because of The Black Death so Garboldisham's All Saints closed. All that is left today is the tower.Garboldisham All Saints Church Ruin. According the church before demolition was Decorated and Early English,  thatched, with an already ruined chapel at the east end with butresses marked 'TB' for Thomas de Bosco, rector. On the tower were merchants marks of shears and a wool comb, and inside a board to say the roof was repaired around 1450. Merchants mark still remains. In 1523 a bequest was left for painting the rood beam and setting up a tabernacle on it. Waveney Valley Studies. p 169, recounts a legend that the patron of the church, the earl of Oxford, to save money allowed it to decay on the grounds that there was no clerk. A tailor and a woolcomber raised the funds instead hence the merchants marks described above.


Garboldisham All Saints Church Ruin. Postcode:
Garboldisham All Saints Church Ruin.
Garboldisham All Saints Church Ruin.
Garboldisham All Saints Church Ruin.