[google9e69c0a38572f0b4.html]
Glandford, Saint Martin's Church
Glandford, Saint Martin's Church, NR25-7JP.




Glandford, Saint Martin's Church, NR25-7JP, Though there was a village here at Glandford, at the time of the Domesday Book, 1086, it was called "Glanforda", the village is quite modern, many houses of Dutch influence. from almost a ruin, as written by Francis Blomefield the historian of Norfolk in 1730. And in ruins it kept until 1875, when it started to get a refit. the chancel was partially restored for just Sunday services; in 1882 the graveyard was reopened, more work started in 1899, the whole work of Sir Alfred Jodrell as a memorial to his mother. The roof is of hammerbeam design, and the woodwork both made of oak and cedar wood.

The creators of the church Oct 17th 1899-Aug 30th 1906 are as follows: Messrs, Hicks & Charewood, architects/ George Warne, Foreman/ Walter Thompson, carver/ Frank McGinnity, carver/ Stephen Rutland, carpenter/ Walter Allen, carpenter/ Thomas Holbrook carpenter/ George Watson, carpenter/ John Bunn, bricklayer/ Henry Doughty, Bricklayer/ John Taylor, Bricklayer/ Arthur Holman, Bricklayer/ John Wordingham, Bricklayer/ George Rowe, Stonemason/ Arthur Hall, Stonemason/ William Minns, Painter/ George High, Painter/ Philip Dawson, Helper/ James High, Helper.

Glandford, Saint Martin's Church, Postcode: NR25-7JP,
Glandford, Saint Martin's Church
Glandford, Saint Martin's Church
Glandford, Saint Martin's Church
Glandford, Saint Martin's Church

[google9e69c0a38572f0b4.html]
Glandford, Saint Martin's Church
Glandford, Saint Martin's Church
Glandford, Saint Martin's Church
Glandford, Saint Martin's Church
Glandford, Saint Martin's Church
Glandford, Saint Martin's Church
Glandford, Saint Martin's Church
Glandford, Saint Martin's Church