[google9e69c0a38572f0b4.html]
Haveringland Saint Peter Church NR10 4PN


Haveringland Saint Peter Church, west tower, south porch, nave, north and south aisles and chancel. Except for the round Norman tower this church has been rebuilt, Simple 15th century font. (Cautley) Near Cawston round west tower, 3 bells, nave with aisles, no clerestory, transepts, chancel and south porch. This church is situated in a park. The tower is Norman. The est of the church was rebuilt  in 1845 in the Decorated style. All the windows have good modern stained glass, and the internal fittings are of good oak. (Messent) The church is said to contain much Roman brickwork. Situated in an isolated position on a disused World War Two airfield, once the Park to Haveringland Hall, this pretty church has arguably one of the oldest round towers in the county. It dates to the 11th century and contains much reused building material. The rest of the church is a rebuild of 1858 for Lord de Ramsay of the Hall, and consists of an aisled nave and chancel, big north and south transepts and a south door. The top of the tower also dates from this time. Most of the interior of the church is 19th century, but the 15th century octagonal font survives, together with a probably 13th century tomb slab relaid in the south transept. Some locally found antiquities are on display in a case. The graveyard is surrounded by a good 19th century flint wall, and to the north of the chancel is a 13th century coffin slab.

Haveringland Saint Peter Church NR10 4PN