[google9e69c0a38572f0b4.html]
Houghton Saint Giles, Saint Giles.



In Walsingham country, there has been a church on this very site for hundreds of years. This is dedicated to Saint Giles. 650 AD – c. 710), also known as Giles the Hermit, Giles was a Greek, Christian, hermit saint from Athens, whose legend is centered in Provence and Septimania. Giles founded the abbey in Saint Giles du Gard whose tomb became a place of pilgrimage. It was a stop on the road that led from Arles to Santiago de Compostela, the pilgrim Way of James. Giles is one of the Fourteen holy helpers. The tower includes three bells, one with no marking, one that is inscribed John Draper of Thetford 1611 and the other a Latin inscription of "In Multis Anniston Resonet Campagna Johannis"  Roughly transmits to Anniston resonate in many John Campana. Anniston being the bell?