[google9e69c0a38572f0b4.html]
Norwich All Saints Church Westlegate


Norwich All Saints Church Westlegate, All Saint's Green was originally known as Swynemarket; this became Old Swynemarket in the late 13th century when the swine market moved to Orford Hill, Timbermarket in the 14th century and finally became Allderhallen (All Saints) Green from the mid sixteeth century from Saint Winwaloes's Church (later known as Saint Catherine's Church. west tower, south porch, nave, north aisle and chancel. This church has four centred 16th century arcade, but little else of interest except the very good 15th century octagonal font. This has two figures of Apostles and Evangelists on each panel of bowl, a good corona with carved trail and niched shaft has eight more saints. At the east end of Westlegate and north end of All Saint's Green, square west tower, 5 bells, nave with north aisle, chancel and south porch. the chancel is Decorated, but the rest mainly Perpendicular. A fine 15th century font, with carvings of the twelve apostles and other saints, at the west end of the north aisle. there are fragments of ancient stained glass in the tops of the north aisle. A mural tablet to John Moss, died 1837, and others to the Evans family.

Norwich All Saints Church Westlegate.