[google9e69c0a38572f0b4.html]

Outwell Saint Clements Church.


The leaflet of Saint Clements Church in Outwell states, This ancient Parish Church is dedicated to Saint Clement, AD 100, Pope and Martyr, being the Third Bishop of Rome after the Apostles. The tower of the church was built between 1250 and 1350, The clerestory with its five pairs of windows are 15th century. the porch is 15th century too, as with the hexagonal font, the lectern, that is 5th century too, shaped like an eagle, made of lattern (an alloy of copper, lead, zinc and tin) it has a plain wooden base.Messent wrote:, Outwell Saint Clements Church, Square west tower, a clock and  6 bells, nave, aisles, three chapels, chancel, south porch, and vestry or north transept. The style is mainly late Decorated and Perpendicular. The windows are large and filled with beautiful tracery, there is a quantity of ancient stained glass. The base of the tower is 13th century. All the walls and gables are embattled and the tops of the buttresses are finished with pinnacles. The roofs are of the hammer-beam type with many carvings of angels and saints. The north transept of Fincham Chapel was added in 1420. It is at the east end of the north aisle. The Beaupre (at the east end of south aisle) and Lynn Chapels still exist, but two other chapels have been thrown into the body of the church. A fine brass eagle lectern. 
Outwell Saint Clements Church.
Outwell Saint Clements Church.
Outwell Saint Clements Church.
Outwell Saint Clements Church.
Outwell Saint Clements Church.
Outwell Saint Clements Church.