[google9e69c0a38572f0b4.html]
Ringstead Saint Andrew's Church.
Ringstead Saint Andrew's Church.


Ringstead Saint Andrews Church, near Hunstanton, here is a square west tower with a pyramidal spire, a clock and one bell, there is no clerestory here, but mainly in Decorated style,with some Perpendicular windows inserted. much renovated in 1864, this when the north aisle was added. There are memorials to the Fysh family in King's Lynn, from 1753-81. Ringstead has two other ruined churches, one of Saint Peter, that had been demolished except for it's tower and foundations. The other Saint Andrews, all that is left are roofless walls. This church has been severely restored and the north aisle rebuilt. Modern roofs and benches, good 14th century chancel aisle with carved caps. Low-side window on south and good angle piscina with cusped ogee heads and finials. Pevsner wrote; Ringstead Saint Andrews Church, exterior over-restored and north aisle added in 1865. west tower with y-tracery in the bell openings, south doorway of about the same time. Chancel with fine two-light windows. The tracery is the intersection motif under a flattened arch. It consists of a half-arch 1.5 half arch right intersected by a whole arch. the date probably early 14th century. The chancel arch could match such a date. Angle piscina good, with ogee arches and bold finials. The three bay nave has Perpendicular windows.
Ringstead Saint Andrew's Church.
Ringstead Saint Andrew's Church.
Ringstead Saint Andrew's Church.
Ringstead Saint Andrew's Church.
Ringstead Saint Andrew's Church.
Ringstead Saint Andrew's Church.
Ringstead Saint Andrew's Church.
Ringstead Saint Andrew's Church.
Ringstead Saint Andrew's Church.
Ringstead Saint Andrew's Church.
Ringstead Saint Andrew's Church.
Ringstead Saint Andrew's Church.