[google9e69c0a38572f0b4.html]
Skeyton, All Saints Church, NR10-5AX.
Skeyton, All Saints Church, NR10-5AX.


Skeyton, All Saints Church,  A fine church set back off of the road between two other churches, Burgh next to Aylsham and Swanton Abbott, Skeyton, pronounced Skyton, appears in the Domesday Book of 1086 as Sceguttuna , meaning Skeggi's farm, Old English/ Old Norse, Skeggi + Tun enclosure, settlement, farm, there is little evidence of settlement or activity here until the Medieval Period, The tower is of the 13th century and typical of the Early English Period. It has no buttresses, but the parapet was added later. (it is said that on a clear day, the spire of Norwich Cathedral can be seen, some 12 miles away). The church has The Royal Coat of Arms to commemorate the jubilee in 1887 of Queen Victoria. It is plaster cast, painted and gilded.
Skeyton, All Saints Church, near North Walsham, square west tower, 1 bell, nave, chancel, and south porch. The style is mainly Perpendicular, with some good tracery of that period in the east window, which was restored in 1887. The tower is late 13th century and appears to have belonged to an earlier church. It is out of centre to the nave, standing somewhat to the south.

Skeyton, All Saints Church, postcode: NR10-5AX.
Skeyton, All Saints Church,
Skeyton, All Saints Church,
Skeyton, All Saints Church,
Skeyton, All Saints Church,
Skeyton, All Saints Church,
Skeyton, All Saints Church,
Skeyton, All Saints Church,
Skeyton, All Saints Church,
Skeyton, All Saints Church,