[google9e69c0a38572f0b4.html]
Southwood Saint Edmund Church Ruin



Southwood Saint Edmund Church Ruin, 9 miles west of Yarmouth. Saint Edmunds gradually got so bad, it no longer had a roof and has stayed that way for over 50 years. The tower and walls still remain, both the nave and chancel walls are the same width externally, but the nave being approx 12" thicker than the chancel.  The church was draw by Ladbrooke in 1825. The church was abandoned in 1874 because the majority of parishioners lived nearer to the church of the neighbouring parish.


Southwood Saint Edmund Church Ruin, Postcode; NR13-3LS