[google9e69c0a38572f0b4.html]
Spooner Row, Spooner Row Church, NR18-9LN.
Spooner Row, Spooner Row Church, NR18-9LN.


Locked, Spooner Row Church was built as a school in 1843. It stands on the junction of School Road and Chapel Road, and is of brick and slate with a nave and sanctuary. It is thought that this may also have been the site of the Holy Trinity Guildhall. With looks less likely of that of an English C of E Church and rather that of a Methodist Chapel. Heritage Norfolk states that states that there is no evidence for John Buckler being the architect. The church now has the bell from Silfield Church, which is the only bell ever made by G. Day and Co. of Eye in 1915. In 1847, the Wattlefield Estate built Spooner Row church as a "chapel of ease" to serve the hamlets of Wattlefield, Suton and Spooner Row on the southern side of Wymondham parish. It was possibly designed by J. Mitchell and constructed of red brick. In 1956, the church was dedicated to the Holy Trinity in succession to the former Guild of Holy Trinity, and in 1974, it was formally handed over to Wymondham PCC. It is now a daughter church of Wymondham Abbey. The church occupies an attractive corner plot in the centre of the village and is well used for worship, musical rehearsals and occasional small-scale concerts. It has a plain but pleasing interior and a warm and welcoming feel with comfortable seating. There are two memorials in the churchyard; one is a war memorial to commemorate both World Wars and the other to Mr & Mrs Routh-Clarke. The churchyard is not consecrated and not available for burial. Spooner Row Holy Trinity Church.


Spooner Row, Spooner Row Church, NR18-9LN.

Spooner Row, Spooner Row Church, NR18-9LN.
Spooner Row, Spooner Row Church, NR18-9LN.
Spooner Row, Spooner Row Church, NR18-9LN.