[google9e69c0a38572f0b4.html]
Stanhoe All Saint's Church,

Stanhoe All Saint's Church.


Stanhoe All Saint's Church, Stanhoe also Stanhou, meaning a stoney hill-spur. Old English stan (stone) + hoh (hill-spur). Once Stanhoe Pilgrim's Chapel, the name of the founder and date of its foundation of this pilgrim's chapel are both unknown. it was dedicated to Saint Peter and was mainly used by the pilgrims going to and coming from the shrine of Our Lady at Walsingham. It went into decay after the Dissolution, slight remains may still be found above ground at a place called Chapel-field, which is a few hundred yards to the east of the parish of All Saints. The main features of this church indicate that it was built nearly 700 years ago. The main doorways seem to be 13th century, the Y tracery windows 1300 and the flowing tracery 14th century. Just inside the door are a couple of stone coffin lids, here we have, a font made in memory of Daniel Everard's wife and in the vestry a miniature marble monument to her. Stanhoe All Saint's Church, near Docking, square tower at the south-west angle, 1 bell, nave with aisles and chancel. The style is mainly Decorated. The base of the tower forms the south porch. There are a number of 19th century stained glass windows to past rectors and local worthies. Many of the internal fitting are modern.

Stanhoe All Saint's Church,
Stanhoe All Saint's Church,
Stanhoe All Saint's Church,
Stanhoe All Saint's Church,
Stanhoe All Saint's Church,
Stanhoe All Saint's Church,
Stanhoe All Saint's Church,
Stanhoe All Saint's Church,
Stanhoe All Saint's Church,
Stanhoe All Saint's Church,
Stanhoe All Saint's Church,
Stanhoe All Saint's Church,
Stanhoe All Saint's Church,